3 DAY HUNTS
|Fallow Doe (September 1st thru January 1st)||$1,500|
(Combo Hunts are for a single hunter, no two hunters can share a Combo Hunt. Don’t ask. Combo Hunts are simple. If any hunter takes any animal, then chooses to take any other animal, we knock $100 off the second animal. For example:)
|Boar / Ram||$2,900|
|Boar / Fallow Buck||$5,900|
You CAN NOT book with us just for a Turkey Hunt, but if you hunt with us and take a Boar,
Ram, or Fallow Deer, then you have the option to add a Turkey Hunt (if we have Turkeys available).
|2 Bird Turkey Hunts||$1,500|
GROUP HUNT DISCOUNTS
Basically $50 will be subtracted from the total of any hunter in a group of 5 to 9 HUNTERS. And $100 is subtracted from any hunter in a group of 10 or more HUNTERS. For this to apply all hunters have to take an animal. This discount, of course, would also apply to Deer or Rams taken in said hunt. But also for this group discount to apply everyone in the group must hunt and harvest an animal. In other words, no non hunters can be in the group for these discounts to apply.
|Trophy Boars For a Group of 5 to 9 HUNTERS, with no non hunters in the group.||$1450|
|Trophy Boars For a Group of 10 or more HUNTERS, with no non hunters in the group.||$1400|
WHEN READING OUR PRICES KEEP SOME THINGS IN MIND
- 1. Our prices already include everything. When viewing other Lodges pricing, know that it is designed to ‘Get you in the Door’. Like the ‘Sticker Price’ on a Car, BEFORE the add-ons. The Price you see on their sights is just the beginning. Then they add on things like Field Dressing Fees, Skinning and Quartering Fees, Guide Fees, etc. and then State Tax added to that (which in Tennessee is 9.75%) and before you know it you are paying in the neighborhood of $300 more than was stated to you on their sights for something as simple as one Boar Hunt. More expensive hunts add even more. Our prices are as stated. The only possible add-ons here are two things that we do not do. One is Full Processing of Meat and the other is Taxidermy. Both of which are readily available here if desired. We have local people in the area for both. In both cases, we take it to them for you and get it back from them for you for free. Full Processing of Meat is all done with ‘Same Day Service’, and I call you personally with Taxidermy on the day it is completed.
- 2. The second thing you need to know when comparing our prices to other Lodges, is that once you read enough to realize what the actual prices are at other lodges, once all the add-ons and taxes have been applied, you need to know that that is only their “Starting Price” on what ever animal you are hunting. Most lodges fine print explains this away by using phrases like, “and up”, “+”, or “Prices are subject to change without notice”. That initial stated price, once it is completely tallied up, is for a young representative of whatever you are after. Boar, for example. That price is usually for a young, 200 pound, Boar or Sow, with no maturity, and definitely ‘No Teeth’. To actually kill something Mature with some Trophy Quality Teeth, you would have to “Speak to Someone Else”, then begin hearing whispers of words like “Presidential”. Then as those whispers begin, the whispers of the ‘Changes in Prices’ will begin shortly there after. Prices like $2500 start ringing out. And remember that is before their traditional add ons and taxes. Hunting with us, all Boars are the Same Price and it is Mature Trophies that we are primarily after. If you kill the biggest Boar on the entire property, he is still the quoted price, and nothing more.
- 3. All things need to be taken into consideration when comparing our prices to the prices of others. “Apples to Apples” if you will. Other lodges have a “No Kill No Pay” policy, as we do. But at their place, if you do not kill then you still pay around $300 for your meals and lodging. With us “No Kill No Pay” means if you do not see something you want to take, and you do not take it, then you pay ZERO. You pay absolutely Nothing, because we DO NOT charge for meals and lodging. That’s why, with us, a None Hunter pays Nothing to accompany you. Many lodges do not serve meals, others serve only two meals a day, while we serve you three FULL meals a day completely free. So when you look at our Prices, be sure you are looking at the ‘Full Picture’. If you choose another Lodge, keep our number. Once you have experienced what I have just described, you may want to give us a try.
- 4. Also, by our prices appearing ‘At a Glance’ to be higher than our competitors, it steers the Rif Raf and the Bargain Shoppers away. Which, in turn, make for a nicer trip for those of you who can, and have chosen, to read.
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE
*When comparing prices to other lodges make sure they give you the “out the door price”. That is the price after the hidden fees and add-ons.
THE PRICES YOU SEE ABOVE ARE “OUT THE DOOR PRICES” WITH NO HIDDEN FEES.
- The way we view it, the only thing we charge for is what you kill. A Boar, for example, is $1,500. Your 3 meals a day, lodging, us skinning and quartering the animal for you, etc., are all free. What that translates to you is three things.
- If you don’t kill something, then you do not pay anything. Not even for your meals and lodging.
- We do not charge anything for non hunters. We do this so that wife’s can accompany husbands, parents can accompany children, and so forth and so on. They stay for free, eat for free, go to the woods, stay at the lodge, whatever they want. This is a courtesy that we provide. All we ask is that you be courteous as well, and do not over due taking advantage of this.
- This also means that your hunt is not charged by the day. We recommend 3 days for these hunts. First for arrival, orientation, checking weapons on the firing range if needed, etc.. The next two days are for hunting if needed. But by not charging for meals and lodging, then if you hunt two days, or 5 days, it does not change the price of the hunt. So what that means is that you can relax, because you are not ‘on the clock’ when you get here. But planning 3 days is a very good recommendation.
- A $300 deposit PER HUNTER holds your date until you arrive. ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE. If any members of your party are a “no show”, their deposit does not go towards your hunt. Deposits can be mailed to: 51 Old Gordon Road, Grandview TN 37337, or called in over the phone with a card to 931-456-4643. We charge 4% to use a card for paying your final bill after hunting, but we DO NOT charge that for calling in a deposit with a card. Now if you send a deposit and schedule a hunt, we expect you to keep your word. If you cancel a scheduled hunt less than 1 month prior to that hunt, your deposit is not refundable, nor transferable. Also if you cancel on me less than 1 month out, lose your deposit, then want to schedule a second hunt, you will be required to pay 1/2 of the hunts value down upon booking. If you cancel MORE than 1 month prior to a hunt, then your deposit is non-refundable but IS transferrable to another date without penalty or any problems. The bottom line is that from the time you begin speaking to me about a hunt, until you hang your Taxidermy (if it is done here) on your wall, I will always 100% keep my word to you. I will act with honor and honesty through every transaction we have, ask anyone who has ever hunted here. I honor my commitments, SO I EXPECT YOU TO DO THE SAME.
- ADDRESS TO THE LODGE: 51 Old Gordon Road, Grandview, TN 37337. (For GPS directions). Check in time on the day of your arrival is any time after 2 pm Central Time. We eat Supper at 5 pm Central Time, so if you can make it before then you can plan on eating supper with us. If your arrival is after 5 pm Central Time, you may want to grab a bite along the way, as we may have already eaten.
- WEAPON CHOICES: With a Rifle you can kill the best thing you see. With archery you can kill the best thing you ‘get close to’. 1). Rifle – You can bring any caliber you like. If you want my recommendation, it is a 243 or above. 2). We do allow archery with a restriction. Use any broad head you like, but we recommend fixed ‘cut on contact’ broad heads (example Montec G5). Our archery restriction is no hunting for Pure Russians here with archery. Again, with archery you can kill the best thing you get close to. Here, with our Pure Russians, you will not get close to them. They are crazier than a ’shit house rat’. Also they travel in groups. So you are trying to out fox 30 sets of eyes. We have huge Feral Boars, and Feral Russian Crosses. They tend to get off by themselves. One set of eyes to out fox, so we are able to stalk much closer. The majority of our animals here are taken from a spot and stalk. So if you want to hunt here with ‘Archery’ then it will be for a Feral Boar, or a Feral Russian cross. 3). Pistol – hunting is much like Archery. Getting close is a requirement. So Pistol hunting is also restricted to Feral and Feral Russian crosses. Also note that anyone hunting with Archery or Handguns will need to bring a Rifle along as a backup weapon.
- Personal checks may be used for deposits. However, cash is preferred for final payment. If you are a mature adult who is afraid to carry cash, then we do take most major credit cards (not American Express). There is a 4% charge for the use of a credit or debit card. So, cash is cheaper for you.
- WE FEED YOU 3 MEALS A DAY FREE
- We do not have any discounts of any kind, except for our “Group Hunt Discounts”.
- No animals allowed inside the lodge. Please excuse the next sentence, but todays society sees people trying to pull all kinds of crap, so here we go. No Pets, no service dogs, no seeing eye dogs, not even your emotional support parakeet. No animals of any kind will be allowed inside the Lodge. Lodging is not part of what you are paying for. Here you only pay for what you kill. Lodging is free. It is a courtesy we provide, not something you pay for to be able to claim a right over. The Lodge is our private property with rules to keep it clean, intact, and peaceful for our hunters. Anyone who doesn’t follow lodge rules will stay at the nearest motel, at their own expense.
- No license is required. Hunting is year round, EXCEPT FOR THE MONTH OF JULY. Your kill is 100% guaranteed or you pay absolutely nothing. We hunt from comfortable Box Blinds and we also Spot and Stalk.
- NO HIDDEN FEES all prices are as stated.
- NO KILL NO PAY that means pay Nothing.
- Lodging is FREE.
- Skinning and Quartering of meat is FREE.
- The Three Must Haves: 1.Hunting Clothes 2.Weapon of Choice 3.Cooler for Meat
- As for cooler size, you will need the equivalency of 150 Quarts “worth” of cooler ‘per Boar’ that you intend to take. It can be a big 150, or three small 40s, but it needs to equal at least 150 quarts “worth” of cooler. If you take a Boar here hunting with us that is under 400 pounds, it is because you wanted to. A 150 quart cooler will hold up to about a 700 pound Boar if you have the meat Fully Processed. If you skin and quarter that may not be enough, but 150 quarts worth of cooler is a good recommendation. Also know that if you have room for an extra cooler or two, throw them in the truck. Nothing makes a person madder than having to go buy an extra cooler when he left 2 at the house.
- Recommended 2 or 3 day hunt. Your first day is for travel and arrival, getting settled, orientation, checking guns, etc.. We do have a gun range. Arrival is any time after 2 pm Central Time. We do supper at 5 pm Central Time. You will begin hunting the next morning. We hunt mornings. Afternoons are reserved for dealing with meat taken that morning. We are very successful in the mornings. We have an entire team dedicated to finding and putting you on the Trophy you have described to us during the orientation that you are looking for. We always like to allow for a second day of hunting just in case it is needed. So your 2 or 3 day recommended hunt consists of, a first day for arrival, two days of hunting “If Needed”, and most folks depart the following day. Your meals and lodging are all FREE, you are not charged by your stay in any way. So don’t worry about ‘being on the clock’. You are here until you find the Trophy you are looking for. You only pay for what you harvest. Everything else is FREE.
- Taxidermy Available.
- Full Processing and Packaging of Meat Available with SAME DAY SERVICE. The guy we use to Fully Process Meat charges $350 for a Boar, $200 for a Fallow Deer, and $150 for a Ram. The Boars he usually processes for us range from 400 to 600 pounds. His sausage and burger are all packaged in 1 pound packages, and all of the cuts are vacuum sealed. He will then ice everything down in your coolers for you. Our men work your animals to him for you and back to our lodge for you. Your meat is then placed in our big Walk In Cooler, where it will remain for you until you are ready to depart. Again everything this processor does for you is all completed the same day you harvest your animal. One main point is when you have a Boar Fully Processed, we HIGHLY recommend the sausage. Everyone loves the sausage this guy makes, and we do much of our meals at the lodge with it simply to show you how good it is.
- The average shot distance here is between 50 and 70 yards. We are in the Mountains of East Tennessee and we are all wooded, so our terrain does not allow for long ‘bean field’ shots. I tell folks, if you have a scope on your gun, don’t take it off. If you don’t have one then don’t put one on.
- Size of Area We Hunt. My family got here in 1806. Needless to say between myself and family members we have access to hunt Thousands of acres. I am in the most remote part of my county and most of the land for miles around me is owned by someone kin to me. What we tell folks we hunt here at the Spartan Hunting Preserve is 628 acres. 640 acres is a square mile. Also note that we are in the Mountains of East Tennessee, not some flat prairie in Texas. A square mile in East Tennessee is a lot. Other lodges near me boast to hunt 2000 acres, but they hunt as many folks as shows up at any given time. I have seen them hunt 135 people in a single weekend. We try to be much more personal than that. Quality is our goal here. Quality of the lodge, quality of food and meals, quality of hunting Box Blinds, quality of animals harvested, and most importantly the quality of Personal Attention to our hunters. We try to schedule hunting around 6 to 10 hunters per day (sometimes more or less if group size grows or shrinks once bookings have been made). Our goal is to not hunt more folks in a day than we can give personal guide attention to as needed to find the best quality Trophy per hunter. As I have explained, I have access to thousands of acres as well, but a good solid East Tennessee Square Mile is more than enough for the numbers of people we choose to allow to hunt on our Property on any given day. Again, it is quality, not mass numbers of hunters, that we are after here. So come join in for a quality stay, a quality hunt, and a quality Trophy Animal.
- We also offer Hydrographics (Hydro Dipped Skulls).
- If you are a person who needs to walk his guts out up and down mountains for 3 to 10 days to feel “satisfied” that he has “earned” his Trophy, then book a Mountain Lion Hunt in Wyoming or a Marco Polo hunt in the middle East. Please don’t contact me about the massive challenge that you need to make your life fulfilled. But if you are a person who would like to come to a nice, gun friendly, State. A State that keeps very nice temperatures winter and summer. If you want to stay in a very nice lodge, eat 3 meals of very good food every day, take nice hot showers, set around a nice camp fire, and then sleep in a nice soft bed every night. If you would like to hunt out of very nice spacious 12 foot by 20 foot Box Blinds. Doing Spot and Stalks, if necessary, that do not range very far from your stand. If you want to harvest MASSIVE Wild Boar that will average in weight 400 pounds AND UP. If that is the person you are, then we welcome you to join us here at Spartan Hunting Preserve. Thank you for taking the time to read this information. Mitch Kemmer / owner.